Adventist Community Services
About the Department
Our mission is to identify and serve the poor and hurting people in the five counties of the Southeastern California Conference. This is done by providing assistance in situations of crises and working toward the development of long-term solutions with those affected.
George M. King, Vice President
Highlights of Objectives Achieved 2008-2011 and Prospective Achievements That Will Be Fulfilled 2011-2013
- Volunteers are being trained in disaster preparedness.
- More churches have begun to develop their community services departments and are looking for ways to meet the needs of their community.
- Church community services departments have been diligent in turning in quarterly and yearly reports in order to have a complete report of activities.
- Community Services Federation officers are visiting each of the churches in their respective counties to assist and advise as needed.
- Start a health screening van ministry within the conference. - The health screening van ministry started in 2010, and reservations are consistently being made by churches to utilize the services the health van provides.
- We are looking forward to promoting the Adventist Youth Emergency Services Corps (YES) in our schools to encourage more young people to become involved in community services.