Highlights of Objectives Achieved 2008-2011
1. To increase awareness in all SECC churches of the importance of the disabilities ministries.
2. To encourage each church to have disabilities coordinators.
- Follow-up letters were sent to church pastors, encouraging them to select a local church disabilities ministries coordinator and associates, and to conduct a yearly disabilities Sabbath.
- A conference-wide training workshop/seminar for the disabilities ministries was conducted by Charlotte Thoms, NAD disabilities ministries coordinator, at the conference office on February 28, 2009.
- I included in my sermons and talks the importance of conducting disabilities Sabbath, to increase awareness of people with disabilities in the churches and in the community, and how to minister to them.
3. To continue the yearly conference-wide training program for disabilities coordinators.
- Conducted a conference-wide disabilities ministries seminar in National City, at the Paradise Valley church, with Charlotte Thoms, NAD disabilities ministries coordinator, on February 27, 2010.
4. To encourage churches to accommodate people with disabilities into all areas of church life.
- Wheelchair ramps have been constructed in several churches.
Prospective Achievements That Will Be Fulfilled 2011-2013
1. To assist churches in planning disabilities Sabbaths and to include community awareness.
2. To conduct follow-up seminars in each county within the SECC territory.